My work with families represent issues typically regarding change or transitions; like, marital separation or divorce, working with intricacies of blended families or families dealing with other changes like childhood diagnosis or illness.
Clients considering family therapy are facing challenges like:
- Addressing family changes like separation or divorce
- Adjusting to divorce, remarriage and blended families
- Improving communication between family members to better appreciate other
- Families dealing with alcoholism or substance abuse
- Dealing with family life cycle issues like raising young children and preadolescents
- Families raising adolecents
- Families with children that have been acting out and other signs of troubled feelings
- Families dealing with mental illness
- Families dealing with illness
- Families dealing with terminal illness or death of a family member
- Readjusting after significant change in the family
Family therapy can involve the whole family or parts of the family and this can vary over the course of therapy.